Possible rusty area 716/718

Rund um Glühkerze und Servopumpe der Selbstzünder

Moderatoren: eniac, xaver133

Antworten
Profpinz
Possible rusty area 716/718

Beitrag von Profpinz »

I'm repairing/modifying my 718 platform and after a complete and thorough inspection of all areas have really only found a couple of rusty sections that need repair.
By far the worst is in the front reservoir area (where the brake fuild and overflow tanks are located) under the brake fluid container or above the brake master cylinder.
Obviously over the years the spilt/leaking brake fluid has softened/damaged the paint and then water has corroded the metal, to such a point that pin-holes are now visible.
I have cut out the offending panelwork and you can see the state of the corrosion in the pic below.

If you have a TD it may be worth checking the area for corrosion.

Bild
Steyr-Daimler-Puch Crack

Beitrag von Steyr-Daimler-Puch Crack »

the malaysian Pinzgauers runs in very wet and salt area, you cannot transform corossion points from this vehicles to other TD´s. Its also a big point of service, i mean cleaning, washing and rustproofing ( with oil, wax, bitumen, paint or on). The european Pinzgauer( in military ! ) are even more better, because they are better serviced. It´s a shame to see such pictures, and how people can damage vehicles in such short time- other countys, other sightway

I also hate discussions, how bad the Pinzgauers are or where "only" the weakpoints of this Vehicles are. There is no Vehicle or Thing in the world which is perfect. Forums discussions should protect the vehicles for longer life and not discriminate it- we want more SDP Freaks !

If you want to perform your Pinzgauer body, please PN, i will tell you on pictures where you can look and make things better. Here in the official posting area , are people, which only look at pictures and didn´t read- so the image of pinzgauers would going down, if i would talk here about.

Grettings SDP Crack
Profpinz
Beitrag von Profpinz »

I agree Wolfgang that the Malaysian Pinzgauers were badly maintained and many of the problems relate to the fact that they fitted with additional racks and accessories without taking the same degree of care that SDP did in their engineering, but I think it's important to highlight standard areas that can cause owners problems....particularly areas that are somewhat "hidden" from clear view.

I'm certainly keen to hear of any areas or faults that can cause potential problems to owners.....particularly things that can be avoided if basic cleaning and maintenance are employed, after all I hope to prolong the working life of my vehicles for many years to come.

After 35+ years of owning and rebuilding Haflingers and Pinzgauers it's amazing what I'm still learning about the vehicles.
Antworten